What are Snake Mites?
The Snake Mite (Ophionyssus natricis) is a parasitic mite that feeds on the blood of Snakes and Lizards. These parasites are fast moving, dark in colour and will often be observed around the eyes, or mouth, of infected Snakes. The parasites cause Snakes and Lizards intense irritation and can influence their behaviour. Infected reptiles may, for instance, spend more time in water attempting to rid themselves of the mites.
How can Taurrus help?
Taurrus offers an entirely natural control of the Snake Mite. It uses a species of predatory mite that will quickly consume the Snake Mites, offering a quick and effective solution to infestations.
Key benefits of Taurrus include:
- It will kill all Snake Mite stages; from eggs to adults
- No requirement for handling of the Snakes or Lizards
- Leaves no after-effects, or harmful residues
- Completely safe for the reptiles and the user
- Mites cannot build resistance to Taurrus, unlike in chemicals
How long does Taurrus last?
The Taurrus mites will last around 4 weeks, and repeat applications may be required for large infestations. Taurrus can be applied on a regular basis as a preventative treatment if applying small amounts every 4/5 weeks. Once all Snake Mites have been consumed Taurrus will naturally die out.
How much Taurrus do I need?
• Taurrus M - treats 1-2 terrariums / vivariums
• Taurrus L - treats 10-15 terrariums / vivariums
• Taurrus XL - treats 25-30 terrariums / vivariums
• Taurrus XLL- treats 50 plus terrariums / vivariums
How do I apply Taurrus?
Taurrus is easy to use and apply. Simply sprinkle the Taurrus directly onto the Snake / Lizard, or into the vivarium / terrarium.
Full instructions are provided on delivery.
Please do not use Taurrus within 2 weeks of using a chemical product.
Can I store Taurrus?
We advise using Taurrus straight away upon delivery, this ensures best results as the Mites will be fresh.